Servings: Yields 12 Balls
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted (about ten dates)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca starch
- Extra arrowroot for dusting, or coconut sugar
- Place the pecans, and shredded coconut in a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, and process until the pecans are broken down and crumbly.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process again until a sticky doe is formed. (It should stick
together when pressed between two fingers).
- Scoop the dough by rounded tablespoons and roll the dough between your hands, forming balls.
- Arrange the balls on a plate or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place them
in the freezer to set about 1 to 2 hours.
- For a “snowball” look, roll the balls additional arrowroot or tapioca starch – just a light coating will do – since the starch will not enhance the flavor. It’s just for looks!
Note: If you’d prefer to roll the balls in coconut sugar or shredded
coconut, roll them in one of those options before freezing,
so the coating will stick better. Store in the fridge in a sealed
container for up to two weeks for the best texture.