Small Shifts for a Healthier Life
Change doesn’t happen overnight, but the actions you take each day – no matter how small – add up over time.
When you feel frustrated, stuck, or like you could use a self-care pick-me-up, take a look at the list below and challenge yourself to try something. They’re simple yet significant, and they can empower you to keep moving forward on your health journey.
- Eat light at night – larger meals at night will cause your body to get less rest it needs at bedtime
- Up your gratitude game – start your day in a more positive light
- Fork up, fork down – putting your fork down between bites
- Go (in the) green – go for a walk in a nearby park, or a stroll through a flower garden
- Be here now – next time when you are tempted to check your phone when talking with a loved one…pause
- Set aside “me time” minutes – daily moments of joy is enough to reduce stress levels and uplift your spirits
- Drink with a twist – jazz up your water by throwing in a few slices of your favorite fruits for a fun twist
- Take five… – set aside five minutes from your day to check in with yourself, your thoughts, and your emotions
- Keep moving! – challenge yourself to fit more movement into your day