For the summer rolls:
- pack of 12 rice paper wrappers (8.5in in diameter)
- lettuce leaves
- veggies (carrots, cucumbers, red peppers, asparagus, celery and bean sprouts work well)
- herbs and flowers (parsley, basil, mint and pansies or other edible flowers)
For the sweet & sour dip:
- 4 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 4 sundried tomatoes halves in oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 100g (about 1/2 cup) pineapple, chopped into tiny cubes
- Julienne or slice all the veggies into thin long strips. Set them and the herbs out within easy reach of a clean chopping board. Cover the chopping board with kitchen towel.
- Half fill a bowl big enough to fit the rice papers in with hot water, then dunk one at a time until pliable and lay flat over the kitchen towel.
- Arrange two edible flowers or basil leaves, if using, face down in the middle. Top with veggies which won’t blend with the colors of your herbs (carrots over basil leaves or cucumbers over purple pansies make them pop!), then top with other vegetable strips and a line of parsley, careful not to bunch them up in the middle.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly up over the filling, and fold the sides in over it. Continue to roll up tightly and place on a plate, joint-side down. Cover rolls with lettuce leaves to keep them fresh, while preparing the sauce.
- Blend all the sauce ingredients, except pineapple cubes, in a small travel blender, pour it into a dipping bowl, sprinkle with pineapple and serve alongside the spring rolls.